Nikon has a new release of its View NX image editing software (version 2.2.5) that adds a whole number of small fixes and improvements from the last version.
We update your cameras software for free as part of the cleaning and service. In this case the best thing to do is to click on the link below which will take you to the correct software page.
From the Nikon site -
Improvements in the View NX image editing software.
- Auto 2 is now available for selection from the list of White Balance settings in the Adjustments palette for RAW images captured with the COOLPIX P7100.
- An issue that prevented display of Exposure mode in the Metadata palette for images captured underwater in Easy Auto mode with the COOLPIX AW100/AW100s has been resolved.
- An Event box has been added under Description in the Metadata palette.
- Lens information is now displayed in the Metadata palette for images captured with the Nikon 1 V1 or Nikon 1 J1 using the Mount Adapter FT1 and a CPU lens.
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version:
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.7 has been added.
Additional modifications to the Windows version:
- An issue that prevented the editing of metadata, application of labels and/or ratings, or image rotation on some systems has been resolved.
For a clear and full explanation of what the software update includes click on the button. You will be taken to a Nikon page.