Nikon has firmware update (version 1.10) for the Nikon 1 V1 camera. This adds pixel mapping and support for the FT1 mount adapter.
We update your cameras software for free as part of the cleaning and repair services. If you cannot get in to see us or just want to update your camera, then the link below will take you to the firmware pages.
Note – Make sure you use a good, formatted card to upload the update. You must also make sure to use a full charged battery. Some of your user settings will be lost, so make a note of any thing important. You should also take a note of the last file/image number.
From the Nikon website -
Modifications enabled with this firmware upgrade.
Support for the Mount Adapter FT1 has been added.
The FT1 enables the use of Nikon F-mount NIKKOR lenses with the J1.
Primary specifications are as follows:
– Autofocusing is possible when AF-S lenses are used. However, focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF) and AF-area mode is fixed at Single-point with only the center focus point used.
– The focus indicator (range finder) can be used with CPU lenses.
– [P], [S], [A], and [M] exposure modes can be used with CPU lenses.
– [A] and [M] exposure modes can be used with non-CPU lenses. Aperture is specified using the aperture ring on the lens.
– Vibration reduction (VR) functions when VR lenses are used. Enable vibration reduction, or specify a setting, using switches on the lens.
– Shooting in Motion Snapshot mode is only possible when focus has been acquired with an AF-S lens.
– The Smart Photo Selector function cannot be used.
For a clear and full explanation of what the software/firmware update fixes click on the button below. You will be taken to the correct Nikon download page. From there download for Mac or PC and follow the instructions given.
Nikon 1 V1- Firmware Update 1.10